1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This spring I learned what Nollywood was when I had to replace my debit card after a fraud alert was triggered on my old one by someone trying to subscribe to a streaming service.

So not only was I not out any money to the Nigerian cinema industry, it wound up getting me out of a handful of nuisance subscriptions I had taken out but never invested the extra energy in canceling.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I thought the Ruskies liked Trump? Like Covid and his assassination attemp, a story I do not believe.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Twitter tonight proceeding as the prophets foretold.

garrow likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

This thread just reached four sevens! I'm all in.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

At some point even Darth Puter will recognize that elevating Stinky via disinformation campaigns is a lost cause, and Putie Pie will cut his losses. Not there yet, but it's coming.

6. Twirling Time

I noted the same thing.

maumann likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Back in my hometown L.A., barely here 15 minutes when an earthquake hit, but I didn't bring it, I swear.

My dad is going to the hospital tomorrow with an infection in his vertebrae; here playing the good son.

Here's what Kamala and Coach Tim need to articulate first and foremost about the day to day economy.

I drove around the haunts and for whatever reason stopped at McDonald's for a cheeseburger. Just a cheeseburger.

I actually went in to use the bathroom and felt obligated to buy something. I bought a plain cheeseburger.

It cost $3.50. That is a lot of money for a barebones McDonald's cheeseburger. Seems like they were 59 cents yesterday.

A few minutes ago I went to 7-Eleven for a snack: green apple, fizzy lifting purple drink, and potato wedges.

The wedges cost $2.50; I ate the 3 biggest before taking this photo.

"That's a pretty good deal," the clerk said.

"Yeah, I got a cheeseburger at McDonald's for 3 dollars and 50 cents, a plain cheeseburger."

"You can blame fast food workers getting paid 20 dollars an hour for that," the clerk said.

Then he said how there won't be that many of those 20 dollar an hour jobs so who's really winning and l0sing?

The 3 things in this photo cost $7-70-something.

Jetlag is hitting pretty hard right now. The wedges were good, taste + value.

Doubt I'll ever eat a McDonald's cheeseburger again. $3.50.

upload_2024-8-12_21-57-19.jpeg

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the worse part is, Trump will take the Russian story to hos platform tomorrow and no one will call home out on the incongruity.

9. Twirling Time

Probably not available in the Southland, but McD's has a $5 meal deal where you can get a McDouble, small fries, small drink and a 4-piece McNuggets. McD's is ass, though, so YMMV.
    https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/full-menu/5-dollar-meals.html

ADD: There are a dozen other places in LA I'd go to eat outside of McD's, and In N Out is in the upper half but not top.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I doubt I'd ever eat that. I'm not a McD's guy anymore.

Adding insult to injury, a glob of ketchup + mustard splotched onto my shorts.

Serves me right for eating and walking and paying $3.50 for a 25-cent product.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

McDonald's gross profit for 2023 was $15.5 billion, a more than ten percent increase over 2022.

Something to keep in mind the next time a 7-11 clerk says the problem is that fast food workers are overpaid.

garrow, Songbird, Dog8Cats and 2 others like this.
  12. Twirling Time

McD's has morphed into the Chucky Cheese of fast food. Kids love it; the only thing missing is the animatronics.

Sonic right now is going the Smashburger route and they've got a special that is actually pretty yummy ... when the kids make it right.

Draft saved Draft deleted