1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Amazing that a VP of communications for the University of Florida could email it in from DC. What happens if there's a crisis situation on campus? I'm sure there's an AVP of crisis communications who knows all the ins and outs of the campus and the history of the university and all of that stuff while emailing it in from Omaha.
    This is another way they achieve their goal of killing education.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So what I’m getting from this is fast food in California is like eating out at the airport price-wise. Because that isn’t remotely what the prices are like here.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm not assuming the convention will be beneficial. I just hope to avoid constant media obsession with Middle East war protesters. Just hold serve during that week.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They've always charged max for just the sandwich and threw in the spud product (hash browns or fries) and a drink for a buck each to complete the meal deal. All the fast food places do the same.

I get the steak bagel combo with black coffee and it's in the neighborhood of $10. Just the cost of modern business but it's edible.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Ew. So trump said Kamala Harris looks like his wife. Forget the fucking creepiness for a second. What fucking candidate says shit like that with no consequences?

This is exactly why “This fucking guy is weird” works and resonates. Fucking hell man.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2024
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are they actually going to be watching or just seeing clips on TikTok or IG reels?

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a messed up day and we ended up at Carl's Jr. for dinner. We both got single Western Bacon Cheeseburgers.
    Those are $8. Making it a combo added $5, so it's now $13 each. Fries were included, but I wanted fried zucchinis and they were a $1.20 upcharge. Instead of drinks, we wanted shakes, and that added $1.90 to each. With tax, it was $36.
    When we were leaving, I remembered we were out if milk for coffee in the morning, so I ordered a small carton of milk. It was $2.90 for a 7 oz. bottle.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The funny part is that Trump's people watched, and Trump made fun of, DeSantis' big Twitter debut debacle. You'd think they'd learn something, if only not to trust Elon.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wow, that’s ridiculous.

My wife and I recently went to a Five Guys here in Washington and it was about $35 total for much better food (we split an order of their ridiculously overflowing “medium” fries) and two drinks.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Not to defend McDonald’s, but using the app, the bagel sandwich is $4 and I get two McDoubles for $4. There’s usually a free or cheap fries deal too. And I’m in SoCal.

The app is great. I can order and pay then just drive through or walk in and pick it up. Or get curbside delivery

Tighthead and sgreenwell like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

LMAO. Please let it be true.

12. Neutral Corner

garrow and melock like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted