1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Would love that, because I jones for the Expos, but I think Nashville is the favorite. After that, whomever has the most corporate support/local gov't willing to foot the bill.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I just tuned into ATL/SF
    I can already tell CB Bucknor has the plate because I’m halfway in between developing a headache, and running to the fridge for another beer to see how bad he’s gonna dick this up.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He keeps it up he's either winning it or coming in second. The top three have been him, Judge and Henderson. And it's neither's fault Judge has turned into Barry Bonds.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

White Sox 12, Yankees 2

Cosmo and I Should Coco like this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Second half Snell is a vibe

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yankees probably own a .700-plus winning percentage over the White Sox historically, and this year is Chicago’s worst season ever.

But it’s baseball, so sometimes things like tonight happen!

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Been watching San Diego more since just prior to the All Star break.
    Mike Shildt has a good team and the rookie Jackson Merrill is fun to watch. Hell, the whole team is.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In order to squeeze in 2 new expansion teams, MLB will have to void all veto power from existing clubs because any potential site (save for Anchorage, Honolulu and Caracas) is within an existing team's media footprint.

I myself am hoping for the NL Dallas Baseball Cowboys.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I can’t stress enough how terrible an idea MLB in Nashville is.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Montreal is the next one.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Because all of the best AL teams have major flaws, this would somehow be the year Seattle or Boston backdoored their way into the wild card and won the pennant.

I’m expecting something stupid like that in the American League.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Deep dive into the ChiSox this season ... they're 5-5 against the Guardians and 3-29 against the rest of the AL Central. They had also only scored more than six runs in a game eight times before last night. But hey, the O's will take any help they can get right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted