1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was thinking that too, or that Reed was going to beat Pearce up after Pearce slapped his arm away.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Or even Noble or the dude who used to be in Spirit Squad. Clearly, Jason Jordan is out, but it would really get Reed's point across if he takes out one of the producers.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

I'll admit to being a little partial, but Bron Breakker is going to be a megastar in WWE. There's something special about someone that can have the fans eating out of his hands against a face Sami Zayn.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The Bronson Reed stuff is great. I hope he does this every week

Batman likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think I saw that on Cinemax back in 1989.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Still holding out hope here that there’s a match with Big E down the line, or that he at the very least, gets involved on TV, since Woods clearly isn’t on board with Odyssey Jones.

7. JimmyHoward33

I’d oddly excited about whatever’s coming, which runs the gamut from a Big E return to Woods taking over the Kross group

They’re leaning into the story tho and talking openly about E. With how protective of the New Day the original 3 have been, I feel like whatever they’ve mapped out its gotta be really good to get them to do it

Oz likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

I don't see a total fracture of the New Day until Kofi or Woods retire or leave WWE. My thoughts are that the end game here is Big E coming back on TV and officially gives his blessing for Odyssey to take his spot.

Or since he's back in the WWE picture, you can even have Arn Anderson come in to talk about giving away spots. And Odyssey does the Curt Hennig thing.

Baron Scicluna and Oz like this.
  9. nietsroob17

Web is Jericho is about as much a waste as Jericho himself, but it does beg the question. When Vince dies, what will be the response on WWE TV?

I know it will depend greatly on how much longer down the road it is, and the result of all the current investigations. But like him or not, he is the person almost single-handedly responsible for pro wrestling as we know it. However, from the other side, he's largely become seen as a vile human being and became horribly out of touch as time went on. And he was marginalized by post-merger TKO almost as quickly as Turner was with AOL/Time Warner.

Do they dedicate an entire show to him? Or is it just a 10-bell salute and the requisite WWE video package?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Have a tribute show that ends with his funeral. They load the coffin into the hearse and then it explodes, and neither he nor it are ever spoken of again.

Oz, Huggy, Baron Scicluna and 4 others like this.
  11. nietsroob17

Speaking of "almost dead":

DAMN.

Batman likes this.
  12. JimmyHoward33

Guys like Vince live to work. They lose that and ….. I mean it feels icky to say but it reminds me of Joe Pa a little, altho there’s kind of a big difference between 86 and 78

Draft saved Draft deleted