1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Elon Musk is trying to suck a 48-ounce shake thru a tiny straw and trying to blame the Dems for leaving him with nothing but the tiny straw which he can replace with a bigger straw (or two) at the snap of a finger because he's Elon Freaking Musk.

Crimea River.

garrow likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’ve gotten used to paying north of $50 when I’m getting a few items from the store. Full shopping of getting harder to drop below $200. I’m all but clipping coupons (in going through the Safeway app and trying to get all the discounts I can). The upside is my gas is cheaper because the store gives 10¢ off for every certain amount I spend.

But my point to this is I’m just used to paying way more than I did pre pandemic (heck just in the last year California prices are up). Went to Pennsylvania this summer and was paying almost half of what I was expecting. Gas is comparable, but I got milk, eggs, fruit and other assorted things and got out for just over $40. Some things were in smaller portions but still, I would have thought I’d be spending $75 at least in Cali.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I look at the betting markets a few times a week, I wonder if it is a more accurate gauge of what might happen than the national polls. ... Harris passed Trump for the first time in the last day or two for the first time. Depending on which betting site you are looking @ she has a 52 percent chance of winning.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Even using New England as a day to day example, everything is out of whack expensive. At the risk of sounding like Fox and other Alma outlets I didn’t want to say anything the last several months but the cost hikes are alarming so the point of what I wrote yesterday … $3.50 for a 25-cent cheeseburger … is that Kamala and Coach Tim need to sell some believable promises that prices are coming down across the board even if they have little to do with making that happen.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is the McDonald’s near the Grand Canyon still there? I remember in 1993, meals were over $10 per person and water cost the same as soda. The employees lived in an apartment complex behind it.

Out here in the sticks, prices have gone up, but nothing like you guys are describing. Every staple item at the grocery store has gone down for us recently. Our weekly bill is down $30 over the last six months.

I buy new clothes about once every five years and get t-shirts at thrift shops, so I have no idea if those have come back down.

7. Songbird

Next up, JV says Kamala looks like his favorite couch.

IMG_1743.jpeg

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

From what I’ve seen, some Black people are pushing back against the Palestine protesters for being antisemitic, rather than for the Palestinians.

9. Songbird

Buy the McDip?

McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) Second Quarter 2024 Results
    Key Financial Results
    • Revenue: US$6.49b (flat on 2Q 2023).

• Net income: US$2.02b (down 13% from 2Q 2023).

• Profit margin: 31% (down from 36% in 2Q 2023).

• EPS: US$2.81 (down from US$3.17 in 2Q 2023).

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love those bacon, egg and cheese bagels too and was pissed off when they got rid of them for a few years.

With their prices being what they are. It’s gotten to the point where I go to Subway instead. Healthier, and I can get two meals for the price of one McDonald’s meal.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Was there as of a couple years ago, and the prices remain high.

Hermes likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

McDonald's is a go-to for road breakfast in less populated spots, but I don't mess with much else there. It's hard to screw up a sausage McMuffin with cheese and a hash brown. If I'm passing Charlottesville, however, there's a joint called Bodo's where you can get a real NY style everything bagel with fresh folded egg, cheddar and bacon for just north of $5. Best breakfast sandwich in the state for the value.

Big Circus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted