1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Illustrated layoffs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by silvercharm, Oct 3, 2019.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

They do seem to love vinyl. So stranger things have happened.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My 13-year-old stepdaughter wanted one of the digital cameras we had to carry around 15 years ago so she could take "vintage" pictures on vacation, because that style of camera is apparently back in. My wife nearly fell over.

dixiehack and sgreenwell like this.
  3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Great opening scene of a flick.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Maybe readers are into am immersive experience. But are advertisers? An on-line periodical can sell ads for targeted audiences (for example woman or men). Print can not. On-line ads are also cheaper to produce they can sell for lower rates than print.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Last year I got like $50 on eBay for this really old digital camera we had hanging around the house, which was probably about how much I spent on it in the first place.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Sounds like Andy Dick and Joe Rogan talking shop in "NewsRadio."

[​IMG]

sgreenwell and Jesus_Muscatel like this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's so funny. My 30 year-old daughter returned from a vacation this week, raving about the pictures her friend took with a digital camera. I am anti-hording but we kept those old cameras. We found her camera, charger and she can get a sim card for $11 on amazon. We even found the old camera protector (resembling a knit sock). She probably had the camera when she was your daughter's age.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I still have mine in a desk drawer. I liked the point and click that the newspaper gave each reporter so much I got one for personal use.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Some of the best feedback I ever got on a present was when I gave my wife a Kodak Advantix in the early 2000s.

IMG_5913.jpeg

The film was self-contained in the cartridge, which you could eject at any time without risk of exposing it. Worked like a champ and most any place that developed regular film could handle these too. Alas it was discontinued well over a decade ago.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I've been to a wedding some years ago where the hosts put a pile of point and shoot film caneras at each table to cover photography.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Same - me and my uncle got a little "creative." hahahaha.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

My second-year college son took one of our old digital cameras to Europe last summer and has been using it ever since. Pictures from it are the only thing he posts on Instagram.

Draft saved Draft deleted