1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wchDr

wchDr Member

Bodo's is good, but I prefer Mr. J's on the other side of the Blue Ridge. Sausage, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel with home fries is my go-to. And their prices are still pretty good, too. But you have to wait in line behind a hundred hungover JMU students on any weekend morning.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I do cook. I love to cook. Look at dem un-YONS!

I had to go to the bathroom and wanted to thank the place for providing a urinal by purchasing a cheeseburger.

It's more than just a 25-cent cheeseburger selling for $3.50. It's everything, even Walmart where even recently $50 got you a lot of food (to cook) but not these days.

Kamala and Coach Tim reassuring Americans that costs will go down will go a long way though what they say must survive Raguvian Scrutiny™

"If it's not too late, make it a cheeeeeseburger."

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

$2.68 in Frisco, Texas, about an hour ago. With Walmart+, that dropped to $2.58.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That person might have to get a job.

Or next quarter they could downsize half a million people making $11 an hour.

WHAT WILL THEY CHOOSE?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The guy with a 401(K) who is trying to grow his retirement savings should think of what he is doing as charity. Who gives a shit if they make the company more valuable so the risk he took with his precious savings pays an investment return?

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

McDonald's hasn't sold a cheeseburger for 25¢ since the 1960s.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Will remember that next time we have something up Harrisonburg way, thanks!

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Right now it’s 25 cents worth of product, if that.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

As the CEO of the company I work at said this year, sure, they could lay off 20 percent of us. They could squeeze another five percent while things are slow. He could hurt the small town his company carries. Or he could realize his company has plenty of cash on hand socked away during better times, believes in the long term plans of the company, has little to no debt as a company and keep us around, ready to go when things pick up.

McDonald’s will shave off another 10 percent of its workforce — seven years after chopping off 35 percent of its workforce — and the place that literally wrote the book on fast service and quality will continue its long descent into burgers thinner than paper and a glum face telling you to pull your car up to a spot because your meal won’t be ready for another 10 minutes in the drive-up.

I’m lovin’ it.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Wall Street, where a 31 percent profit margin is viewed as shit.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Arizona got abortion on the ballot. I think that will could defeat Trump and Lake there because of turnout.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

But people sitting around are only making 2.5 percent. If more of the people making the hamburgers and fries made zero percent and did our society good by dying, the people sitting around could make four percent.

Think of what those people sitting around could do with two more percent. They could buy a new chair.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted