1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The official coffee of the GOP

[​IMG]

TowelWaver, Bud_Bundy, qtlaw and 3 others like this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

For me, it's pretty easy to cut food costs. I avoid the retail food shops for the most part now, though every so often I gotta have me some Five Guys.

I just go with the BOGO P lan each week. See what stuff I like is on sale 2 for 1, and that's my main haul. Especially for meat and other expensive stuff, including non-food items. Light bulbs, for example, and TP/paper towels/cleaning supplies. Right now my freezer is packed so full of BOGO meat, vegetables and microwave meals that I gotta stop doing this for the next two months and clear out most of that stuff before I begin again. If I get a tornado or some other power outage of a few days, I'd take a loss on all that meat and some other stuff.

But I'll say this: I'm a master of packing my freezer to every square inch now. Too bad it's not an Olympic sport.

garrow, maumann and dixiehack like this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Trump is going to be in Asheville on Wednesday in a venue that holds a little more than 2K people so it will look full. The city is making them pay $82K up front so he can't stiff them.

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Cities are getting smart with dealing with Trumpitty Dumbtitty.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Asheville? North Carolina's home of redneck counter-culture? That ought to be something. I could definitely see Asheboro. But that's hippy dippy land, Southern style!

I wonder where my "Keep Asheville Weird" sticker is. Perfect for the weirdness.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Allowing racist Nazi fukcheads to assemble is the new 'smart'.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hope they're getting cash.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sounds like that’s exactly what they are doing.

maumann likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

When he lies about it, the venue will be full with 25,000 and another 4 million outside who couldn’t get in.

Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Slacker

Ashville should rename itself AssHatville for one day ...

"Mr. Trump, would you like to serve as the grand marshal of our town parade when you're here?"

"I'd be delighted. Will there be bigly crowds and public support? Is there a McDonald's there?"

"Oh, yessir. You can count on that. And we have the best Big Macs south of the Pentagon!"

"I'm in, then. A tremendous opportunity for my fans! And this is in Ashville, right?"

"Of course, Mr. Trump. Our little town has even renamed itself in your honor this week. ... People are talking!"

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There may not be many Ashevillians there. Far western NC is scary. The place can easily be filled by the sort of people who gave shelter and asylum to one of their heroes, Eric Rudolph, for years.

UNCGrad and Driftwood like this.
  12. Slacker

I'm counting on this for a semi-landslide so we can dismiss Fucko the Klown forever.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted