1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I’m a traditional salt, pepper, and butter man, myself.

Mrs. Tbf, however, mixes scrambled eggs with hers. That’s Vance-level weird to me.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

“You may lose friends. Your neighbors may disagree with you. Family gatherings may turn uncomfortable."

Most of us have been in this world for almost a decade, you'll get through it.

Neutral Corner, qtlaw and UNCGrad like this.
  3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Leland has gone from being a tiny town (pop. 1,800) with one stoplight, when I lived in Wilmington 25 years ago, to a decent-sized (pop. 30,500) retirement haven today. Several friends parents have moved there from the Triangle in the last decade or so. At the pace they're going, in another 10 years it'll be North Carolina's version of The Villages in Florida.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

franticscribe likes this.
  5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

My grandmother, who was a preacher's wife from east Tennessee, taught me that putting cheese in your grits covers other sins in the prepation and will result in few complaints at a church supper, though some of the ladies may judge you for adulterating them.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Musk and Trump together....first scene of the next James Bond movie: Two Weeks is Never Forever

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

On a group chat with members of an old hoops team, one of the people is saying that they”alphabet agencies” interfered with the Musk/Trump talk because they knew it would be a game changer. Such a strange cult.

garrow, qtlaw and Driftwood like this.
  8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

upload_2024-8-14_7-9-57.jpeg

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Take it for what its worth, but Harris is a -115 favorite to win the election over the other guy on Bovada betting site.
    Since it does involve money, I am assuming they put a modicum of effort in determining that number.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So looking forward to missing the wall to wall coverage of Fat Orange Shitler.

Neutral Corner, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

When a waitress in the South asks you if you want to "color your grits," she means a fried egg in the middle, preferably over medium or easy. Then stir it up in the grits.
    Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’ve yet to taste a food that wasn’t made a million times better by mixing it with egg yolks.

garrow, sgreenwell, UNCGrad and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted