1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you covered up the names on the label, it is entirely reasonable for someone who came that close to taking a bullet to be freaked out about it weeks later. He could probably benefit from counseling and mental health services.

But he’s spent a cruel lifetime denigrating that sort of thinking as weakness and unmanly, the stuff of moochers and crybabies. So in a poetic twist, now he’s the one getting fucked by his feelings.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2024
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And his klan has continuity opposed decent federal spending on mental health even as it says mass shootings represent mental health issues rather than gun issues.

OscarMadison, wicked and garrow like this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

According to this guy, opposition to women voting “is the Christian position.”

x.com

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A thought exercise that occurred to me just now: If the announcement came from on high that there was no earthly power or prestige in being Christian (or using the label), how many Americans would drop it faster than 8 am calculus class?

tapintoamerica and maumann like this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The lack of self-control is weird.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

just a terrible person

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Are you telling me Joan Osborne was right?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The same people who claim it without attending services or reading the Bible. The folks doing the work? They’d stick.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The GQP: Like riding a psychotic horse toward a burning stable.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Fair game for what, though? Particularly by a legitimate reporter for the traditional media?

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hope the FBI has moles embedded in MAGA. Something is up.

I have a hinky feeling they have something up their sleeve — besides election officials hoping to deny certification. I don't know if it's election day violence in blue precincts, or Uncle Vlad will give another assist, or what.

FileNotFound and matt_garth like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted