1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

John McCain called Chelsea "the family dog." Not his finest moment.

OscarMadison and franticscribe like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If the Harris folks don’t turn this into the outrage of the week they need to be fired.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That’s just it. Working for dad’s campaign is one thing but FFS have we ever heard the guy speak? He could have a voice like Femke Bol’s for all we know! Do we have the name IRL of the Twitter poster making the claims (maybe we do, I dunno)? Seems to me dragging 10-year old Barron thru the mud is not the best use of Democrats time, especially when there is so much other fodder to fire.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I had to stop after the second one because I could feel the aneurism coming on. What a thoroughly terrible human being.

@OscarMadison I need you to unsheathe your slapping hand.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Fair game for being treated and reported on in the same manner we treat Ivanka, Eric and Don Jr. He's an adult. He's now involved in the campaign. If he's going to wade into the politics, he can deal with the repercussions.

I've seen the stuff on Twitter. I have no idea if any of it is true. I would guess it is not, and I would not be chasing after it.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Deciding not to chase down Barron Trump rumors is like deciding to skip the French fries at a Brazilian steakhouse. You are missing nothing of importance and it’s impossible not to fill up on the rest of the bounty.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

All Adelson did was bankroll Trump.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Miriam Adelson got her medal in 2018, so this is old-ish news.

Gonna be inneresting (as they say it deep in the hearta') how this dynamic works. Miriam bought a controlling interest in the Dallas Mavericks from Mark Cuban last year and wants legalized gambling in Texas. The Okie Native Americans will fight this tooth and nail for obvious reasons. We'll see where the chips fall. So to speak. :)

The gambling issue could be a wedge that fractures the vaunted GOP in the Lone Star State. Thought school vouchers would be it, but Gov. Tort Ladder Puller might've successfully primaried enough opponents to get that across the finish line.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2024
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Adelson was the trigger because she introduced him at the event tonight, and of course he went on a tangent that led to the comments

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Nancy Mace is very pretty, publicity mad and utterly shameless. I can’t believe that she wasn’t short listed for VP.

Miriam Adelson got the Medal of Freedom because she gave a lot of money to Trump. But after Rush, the award has been devalued so much it barely matters.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

When Mace said she'd say Harris' name however she wants, someone in the panel should have replied, "OK, Nanky Face, you do you."

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Nancy Mace is an attention seeking asshole playing to the asshole base. And I think this is the shit most people are tired of.

Mispronouncing someone’s name isn’t a giant deal. My wife accidentally mispronounces “Kamala” a lot. And she’s first in line to vote for her.

What Mace did there is just being an asshole for asshole’s sake. And winning over nobody who doesn’t already love trump.

Draft saved Draft deleted