1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Damn those Irish in the Five Points" is a heck of a way to cover for anti-immigration stances in 2024. Does JDV know Bill the Butcher was the bad guy in that movie?

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"I'll festoon my bedchamber with his guts!"

TowelWaver and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Would also add: " a system where a candidate can win even though they lost by a lot (of popular votes)"

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I heard his campaign was taking on too much debt, and he’ll be underwater soon.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

franticscribe and matt_garth like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When she observed that Fatfuck had been at the same podium, she should have theatrically pulled out a can of Lysol and given it a good rubbing down, then pulled on a pair of rubber gloves.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As Governor of Minnesota, what information exactly would Walz be passing on to China. High-fat diet recipes? Ice fishing tips? Never to bet on the Vikings?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At one paper, the copy editor on my end of the aisle left much to be desired in the way of grooming habits (among other things). Not only pronounced BO, but a greasy film that coated all he touched.

The features writer who sat katty-corner from me (and in front of him) worked days and so was ending her day right as his began. During her shifts she would go through a can or two of Lysol each week to combat the funk.

Draft saved Draft deleted