1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts the Third

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A and Chipotle are the same for me.

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

My buddy and I used to drink Myers Rum like it was the best thing. We weren't kids, either. In our 30s. Used an empty Diet Coke 20 oz bottle full of it to bring in for Cubs/Cards in Busch Stadium, him for the Cards, me for the Cubs, and it was the best time. We'd kill it, mixed with concession Cokes.

But, goddam, I hate how Myers tastes now. Awful. And I'm a guy who still likes a 7&7 as a simple go-to. I ain't picky.

But...damn, it's bad.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Weather Channel app gets successively worse in an attempt to get me to pay to see if I need an umbrella walking my kid to school.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Thing I did not know: The Weather Channel app is not owned or run by TWC. It's solely a branding tacked onto someone else's app.

garrow and Hermes like this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

At my shop, we randomly were talking about stores/restaurants that used to lure in customers with collectible items.

My parents still have these McDonald's "Great Muppet Caper" glasses from the early 1980s:

7722c74d6477dbc5ecdd9b72aa6ee162.jpg

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We had several of these from Welch's:

[​IMG]

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My home office is on the second floor of my suburban home, facing a quiet street. When someone comes trying to sell us this or that, if I'm at my desk I greet them from the window rather than open the door. Someone told this is weird but I disagree. It's the analog version of a doorbell intercom. Thoughts?

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Don't answer the door.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. goalmouth

I don't, I use the window but have been told this bad manners.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It’s pretty bad manners to just walk up uninvited to someone’s private residence trying to sell them something.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. goalmouth

Tell that to the Fuller Brush Man.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

How about this?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted