1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep. I said when it was announced that Putin’s freeing of the WSJ reporter was his signaling to the world that he was not going to be supporting Trump this time around.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hmm.
    I haven't done any polling, but I have a hard time believing she is popular. My sister told me she is on the docket because this is her "send off".

In the voice of Tony Soprano, they are trying to win an election here. This convention's ONLY focus should be winning this election. I don't think giving Hillary a night helps that one iota.

[​IMG]

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't know about NC, but I definitely think Az and Ga are winnable for Harris.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

For all his corpulence, I challenge you to find a photo of Fat Orange actually eating.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Her send off was in November 2016. Don't go away mad... JUST GO AWAY.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm all for him feeling the need to spend time and money to hold North Carolina, though

The gubernatorial election, and to a lesser extent the superintendent of schools election, are interesting wildcards, which do appear to have potential to help Dems up and down the ballot.

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Black Teamsters endorse Harris. Intl. Brotherhood of Teamsters halfway through polling its 1.3 members for endorsement. Harris hasn't responded to invite to roundtable with Fat Orange, Brainworm and Biden, who have already spoken with the increasingly militant union.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It’s weird the media outlets who were sent the hacked stuff from the Trump campaign haven’t published any of it, right?

outofplace and matt_garth like this.
  11. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Hillary is the first woman to be a major party’s presidential candidate. She won the national popular vote. She’s the third woman to be Secretary of State and a two-term Senator. I mean, I get that people are tired of her and the Clintons in general. But, in the scheme of how conventions are supposed to work, she deserves a speaking slot. She will be very popular in the room (just not on our TVs), as will Bill, as it will be full of party people. Grown-up parties bring out their dignitaries. Unserious ones bring out professional wrestlers.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I will laugh my ass off at this if the Dems bring out Jesse Ventura to introduce Walz.

Draft saved Draft deleted