1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I wish the Clintons didn’t want to be part of it. Only thing I’ll say in half-hearted defense of their presence is that we don’t know what Bill might do behind the scenes if he’s sufficiently hacked off by being shunned.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

tapintoamerica likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's the Democratic National Convention. Of course the Clintons are going to be a part of it. There are going to be plenty of old voices and new voices. Not even sure why this would be an issue people are unhappy about. The same as any party's convention, the election won't be won or lost during those four days.

I've had one major believe reinforced over the last month. I really wish our campaigns were limited to four months or so. Six months at the most. Of course, I know that will never happen. Too much money to be made. Particularly by corporate media. But a tight four months from rollout to election day would be awesome and not exhausting. And still more than the amount of time most people are paying attention.

Unfortunately, no matter who wins, by January the RACE FOR 2028 will gear up. Sigh.

jr/shotglass, HanSenSE, Kato and 3 others like this.
  7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The sushi at the gas station off I-89 in Sutton New Hampshire is excellent. At least it was in 2005.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

“James Franklin in a big game”
    “Rory McIlroy on a Sunday”
    “The publisher telling the newsroom staff about an ‘Exciting new initiative.’”

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

An athletic director’s vote of confidence for a below .500 football coach.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Alabama HC's praise of Directional U.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted