1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I bet Bill Clinton gives a great speech at the convention and more than a few people will smile to themselves and think, "Ah, hell, I can't quit the guy. Look at him. Ah, hell, good ol' Bill."

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Former Nebraska resident here: Runza SUUUUUUUUUCKS.

2muchcoffeeman and Gutter like this.
  4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

A Clinton story:

Friend of mine in northcentral Arkansas is in law enforcement. One day his agency got a call saying they had a high-profile visitor coming in at approximately midnight and certain protocols would be put into effect. The SS arrived and filled in on the impending visit, what was needed, protective personnel and locations, the works. All that was done and ready, and they waited.

Sometime after the expected ETA a couple of vehicles rolled into town. Not the usual parade but downsized. Clinton was there to visit a longtime friend who had a death in the family. Couldn't do it in the daytime and Clinton was a notorious night owl, calling and talking (and probably screwing) whoever he could. When the motorcade rolled in it stopped at the law enforcement HQ and Clinton got out to thank everyone inside.

My friend was one of a small group who met him, quick handshake, thanks for being here, hope your visit goes smoothly, etc. The motorcade left and he met with his bereaved friend, and then they were gone. Poof.

That sounds insanely crazy, I know. POTUS sneaking in and out at night? But wait, there's more.

Fast forward several years later after Clinton is out of the WH and my friend is at another event. He's in the handshake line and Clinton comes down the line shaking hands, doing the whole smiling Good ol' Country Go0ber routine. He has no one with him close enough to whisper "next is Bob Johnson, owner of the AutoZone in town." Just Clinton.

My friend begins to introduce himself with "I'm sure you don't remember me but a few years ago you ..." and Clinton cuts him off.

"Hey, (name), how're you doing? I really appreciate what y'all did when I flew into (town) that time to visit my friend. How are things going up there?"

My friend was slackjawed. Some politicians just have it, and he had it.

Another:

I knew a guy who was retired from the Arkansas capitol security, a tough MFer. We were talking once about all the rumors. He said HRC was a cunning, smart and political but also evil, nasty "throw anything she could get her hands on b*tch" who was just a really bad person. He said BC was incredibly smart, charismatic, savvy, transactional and screwed whoever he could hook up with.

We were chatting and laughing, and then I mentioned Whitewater. His face went blank.

"No one talks about Whitewater, ever."

I've never seen someone flip like that. He legimately was, maybe not scared, but damned close to it.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Appropriately named … they give you the Runza.

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I have a friend who tells a similar story. She was on a BC-tangent staff once upon a time, and years and years later, was at a function, and BC asked about a family member of hers she was taking care of back in the day when she was on staff. She said they all had stories like that, that his recall was uncanny.

SixToe and maumann like this.
  7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Syphilis brain in full force.

matt_garth likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

As seen today at Junipero and Ocean .. I think @poindexter knows what this sign means!

upload_2024-8-17_17-40-51.jpeg

poindexter likes this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Agree. Any Black voter over the age of 40 still loves Bill.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Failing mentally and physically. Senile. Too old and too dangerous to be president.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Of the many things that makes trump weird and untrustworthy, his hatred of pets is way up there for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted