1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He did say a pitcher wanted to kill himself after giving up a home rum the other night, though. I laughed because I got the gist of what he wanted to say, but it sure came out wrong.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Shoot, Greg the beer vendor went 3-5 with a double, 2 RBI and a run scored last night.
    Everyone got in the book.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yankees lose today and I go to check to see who the O's are trotting out tonight and OH MY GOD IS THAT CADE POVICH'S MUSIC?

tapintoamerica likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Luis Severino throws a shutout against the Marlins. If I heard the broadcast right, it's just the 24th complete game in MLB this season. The first for a Met since 2021.

I thought Sevy was washed up when the Mets signed him, but as always, no such thing as a bad one-year deal in baseball. He's been good. Has probably earned himself a nice 2-3 year deal in the offseason.

Watching a four-hit shutout was fun, mostly because it's so rare now.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But with this being baseball in 2024, the O’s might win while starting Povich one night after scoring 10 runs and losing with Burnes on the mound.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Knocking another ballpark visit off my list with tonight and tomorrow's games at Globe Life Field. A five hour drive, and finally made it here. Go Twins!

dixiehack, Liut, maumann and 4 others like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Royals up 12-0 in the 4th.
    Franco with 7 RBI-2 HR (1 being a slam)

Liut likes this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Tigers played one of their best games of the year today.

Rookie Keider Montero was outstanding, getting first-pitch strikes and hitting corners, coming right at a really tough Yankee lineup. He threw five shutout innings, followed by three from Tyler Holton.

Spencer Torkelson finally returned from Toledo, and hit two hard live drives to right-center for a double and triple. Detroit scored all four runs with two outs against Rodon, who left in the fourth inning because the Tigers worked deep into the count batter after batter. Javy Baez had a 13-pitch at bat. Colt Keith worked him for 11 pitches.

Jace Jung got his first two major league hits and made an outstanding throw from his knees on a ground ball smash to deep short.

Just a real nice shot in the arm for a team still missing Riley Greene and short on starting pitching.

Liut likes this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Blanco. Franco is still dead. At least according to SNL.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Didn't Jung and someone else make their MLB debuts Friday? Sorry. Paying way too much attention to NFL preseason games.

maumann likes this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Him too.

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Trey Sweeney, the kid they picked up from the Dodgers in the Flaherty deal.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted