1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NHL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Liut, Jun 25, 2024.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What's the deal with the P hats?

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

The Big 3 and Dryden at the back. Perfect.

I saw lots of pictures of this, Dryden was smiling in every one. He used to be sort of a reluctant ex jock, now he seems to have embraced it. I heard him interviewed after Lafleur died and they were all a little shaken.

Liut likes this.
  3. Tighthead

I think it’s a sponsor, my best guess. It’s not the foundation, main benefactor or course (which Savard bought from Celine Dion).

Correction, it’s just Puma.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
  4. Tighthead

Habs get Laine and a 2026 second rounder for Jordan Harris. Harris is a solid depth D, but Habs are crowded on the back end with young promising players.

Fairly low risk, other than two years of cap space.

Liut likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Milwaukee loses its charm after awhile.

6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the days when the late Michael Shanahan and Ron Caron were running the franchise.
    Still, to this day, losing Scott Stevens (after only one season) as compensation for signing Brendan Shanahan from New Jersey is a painful memory ... in light of what eventually happened in the Meadowlands.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

That was an absolute "F you" from the league office to the Blues.

Liut likes this.
  10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Absolutely!
    If he'd been allowed to stay on as managing general partner, I'm convinced Michael Shanahan was well-suited to reign in Mike Keenan. Hell, they were both NHL renegades for that time. So was Caron.
    I'm also convinced if Shanahan had not been forced out, Wayne Gretzky would have ended his playing career in St. Louis.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Mike Johnson was all ga-ga on NHL Network about this was a good deal for Montreal. Maybe. Certainly hope Laine is in a good place.
    I'm not a huge Waddell fan but think he got a decent haul for the Jackets.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Waddell got nothing but a cap dump and had to add a 2nd rounder. The cap space in itself is what’s valuable

Draft saved Draft deleted