1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week Zero Thread: Give Ireland Back to the Irish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Aug 19, 2024.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I love that feeling. Late at night with a glass of whisky or good cab. Just a peacefulness that really can’t be replicated, in my opinion.

Baron Scicluna and UPChip like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Go Jackets.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

At a previous shop with later deadlines, I used to be able to find Aussie Rules football when I got off the desk on a Friday night. I typically limit myself to a beer or two a night, but I can tell you that AFL would be a fantastic sport to watch drunk, as it looks like a three-hour long fumble.

Speaking of three-hour long fumbles, I am seriously concerned about a world post #Pac12AfterDark. I assume the western Big XII schools will try to replicate it, but it may never be the same. Hell, Pac 12 After Dark as we know it probably died with Mike Leach, that brilliant and crazy bastard.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Taking a moment to salute @dixiehack. "My Morning Yellowjacket" was a quality thread title. Not like, rolling on the floor funny, but sublime and a great effort coming off the eight-month layoff.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

#MountainWestAfterDark is queueing itself up, but I suspect that if you want something really bonkers you're going to have to drop down one level for #BigSkyAfterDark.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is Hawaii still playing in that high school stadium?

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

You probably were the only person watching.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Yes. Aloha Stadium was condemned, and I don’t believe they’ve even fought through the red tape to start building its replacement yet.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. tapintoamerica

Would love to know who these allegedly wronged people are. Stars? Starters? Fourth-stringers who have no real market value but are getting full cost of attendance scholarships plus stipends anyway?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If you were promised something and then the school didn't come up with it, the courts won't care if you were a fourth-stringer or a long-lost illegitimate Manning child.

12. tapintoamerica

True. Still curious.

Draft saved Draft deleted