1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought he’d pitched Trump first, then went to Kamala?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's my recollection he talked with Trump first, but that it may not have been the frank quid pro quo pitch he gave Harris's people.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe. I might have missed that. I just know that 5 or 6 days ago there were stories about him trying to sell Harris an endorsement for a cabinet position, and he was rebuffed. Were there stories that he approached Trump prior to that and I missed it?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I will take a guess that there was plenty of cocaine in Trump's White House, and there was cocaine in Biden's White House, documented.

I guess it's time to bring some smack to the party.

5. Inky_Wretch

I thought so. Maybe my timeline is messed up. Brain worms or something.

6. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

It WAS so much fun! I'm such a dork, I've now watched the roll call three times.
    But I still remember jamming to -- and learning about democracy from -- Schoolhouse Rock. I hope this is grabbing younger viewers/voters in the same way.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Does someone wanna tell him?

8. Della9250

9. Della9250

10. Della9250

11. Inky_Wretch

The other day Maria Bartiromo claimed he friend in Texas saw tents outside the DMV where illegals were being registered to vote. She named the specific county. The GOP county chairman debunks her claim. Today, AG Ken Paxton announces an investigation into it.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He can't do anything but his standard rave. This is three days in a row there was supposed to be a theme (economy, crime, national security) and it's just the same bits repeated. It's all he's got up there. Not because he can't read a speech, of course he can. But he can't stop obsessing and can't stop going into rave mode when he sees a live audience.

Fred siegle and matt_garth like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted