1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No it was Ed Harding of Channel 5.

gingerbread likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The biggest question about Walz's speech tonight to me is, will he take the time to answer some of Steve Kerr's second-guessing of his coaching strategy?

dixiehack likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

ANOTHER FAKE

tea and ease likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It very well could make a difference. Trump does well with the group for whom the current euphemism is "Low engagement voters." That is, people who don't follow the news intently and above all, are not regular voters. These are people who need a spark under their asses to get 'em to the polls. If Trump can't provide that spark, some of his supporters will stay home, and he cannot afford to lose any.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And if they are so easily swayed in who they vote for based on what I or some lib says reminds me of this LeCarre quote

"That's how I know he can be beaten" “Because he's a fanatic, and the fanatic is always concealing a secret doubt."

TowelWaver and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

He successfully said the words given to him once, and that was enough for Van Jones to call his shot of, "He became President of the United States in that moment, period." Trump just woodenly reading the words given to him ONCE was enough for everlasting benefit of the doubt, and even with that he still can't help himself.

You'd think a man who loves the cameras and believes in nothing would happily and vigorously regurgitate bullshit but he can't because it's not HIS bullshit that HE loves and shows that HE knows best.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It’s been nine years. Even the lowest-engagement voters on Earth know who and what he is by now.

matt_garth likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When they were doing the roll call, I found myself almost expecting Roger Goodell to come out to a round of boos to the podium and announce, “With the seventh pick, Connecticut, with 60 delegates, selects Kamala Harris, Vice President, from California. Delaware is now on the clock.”

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Per CNN, Oprah added to tonight's program.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Questions I want to see answered:

1. How many jokes about the Vikings were cut?
    2. Will his leadout music be the theme from "Coach?"
    3. If he does a good job will the Secret Service let him go to the Minnesota State Fair? (Starts tomorrow, and almost certainly not)

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Speak of it and it shall appear @MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted