1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The Wyatts have really been picking up steam. Just would like a little more substance to the "why," like some live promos beyond all the cryptic videotape stuff.

2. nietsroob17

Odyssey Jones handling one of those 300-pound AOP guys like they're Tozawa. Wow.

3. nietsroob17

Damn, Swerve.

4. nietsroob17

Figure it was about time for Hogan to become persona non grata in WWE again.

It would never happen, but I would kill for a CM Punk promo at the DNC this week.

5. nietsroob17

Great ending to NXT tonight. Hendry is white hot right now, and I think they're going to do the deed and have him win the belt next weekend.

And I love when they go the after-the-copyright surprise. They progressed three separate storylines out of one match.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was a fun ending.

7. Baron Scicluna

Oh Brother.

8. nietsroob17

This account is a treasure trove. This live mic stuff is better than much of the content WCW put out in its last few years.

"He may be Living Legend to some circles, but in our family, he's soon-to-be-dead schmoe."

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At least he didn't keep going and talk about the time he beat Tatanka in front of 75,000 people at the Silverdome.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

That was great. It’s funny hearing Schiavone curse.

11. nietsroob17

It's basically the existence of his entire AEW tenure, where he (mostly) hasn't had to hold back. He's the crusty ol' uncle next to Excalibur and Taz.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Was Sasha Banks as bad a promo as Mercedes Mone is?

i don’t remember it being this bad but I may have memory-holed it

Draft saved Draft deleted