1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

upload_2024-8-21_22-54-53.jpeg

garrow, qtlaw, Baron Scicluna and 3 others like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Well done by Walz. And he clearly has learned a lesson that comes from being a teacher and a coach: The right short and focused message can be incredibly effective. And the emotion can stay up, which you lose if you drone on.

A LOT of politicians need this lesson. Brevity. Word economy.

You’ve got to be an Obama-level orator to pull off a great, long speech.

4. freqposter

freqposter Active Member

Strap on?

I’m in.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I clearly think Harris made the best choice for VP. Having seen the other finalists, Walz clearly provides the best contrast (no pun intended). Shapiro and Mayor Pete are very polished, like Harris. Beshear maybe "too polished." Walz....is not. He's more organic. That line Obama had about his flannel "being through some stuff" was classic.
    Imagine the coordination required by the Secret Service this week with three Presidents (one current) and their wives at the same event over three days and the current VP and nominee. How the various details aren't tripping over each other I have no idea.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Bring the lube to the corn field, Freak. You’re gonna need it.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I almost wonder if he won’t rage because he truly doesn’t understand the appeal of a grounded man who isn’t a millionaire? He gets how to hustle the commoners, but I don’t think he can envision one of them as a threat. When has he had a meaningful relationship with somebody getting paid by the hour that wasn’t on his org chart?

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Gah dammit, I want to see Walz eviscerate this clown at the VP debate.

9. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

JD Vance spoke for 35 exhausting minutes last month.

Tim Walz spoke for 17 minutes. He spoke with clarity and punch. He didn't beat around the bush.

Less is more. I hope the powers that be that are planning VPOTUS's speech take heed. TFG spoke for 92 minutes, most of them grueling. Don't let Harris come in one minute over 35. And preferably in and out in under 25.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

10 LAPS, MISTER!

11. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

True. And he may also have no clue anymore about reaching a crowd and having it in the palm of his hand ... always believing he does precisely that, despite the flood of partisans leaving his speeches early serving as tangible evidence that he's not.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That, and be over by 11 EDT.

Draft saved Draft deleted