1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The highly overrated Jewish Governor of the Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Josh Shapiro, made a really bad and poorly delivered speech talking about freedom and fighting for Comrade Kamala Harris for President, yet she hates Israel and will do nothing but make its journey through the complexities of survival as difficult as possible, hoping in the end that it will fail. Judge only by her actions! Yet Shapiro, for strictly political reasons, refused to acknowledge that I am the best friend that Israel, and the Jewish people, ever had. I have done more for Israel than any President, and frankly, I have done more for Israel than any person, and it’s not even close. Shapiro has done nothing for Israel, and never will. Comrade Kamala Harris, the Radical Left Marxist who stole the nomination from Crooked Joe, will do even less. Israel is in BIG trouble!

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was especially impressed when Trump parted the sea and made manna rain down six days a week.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And he still made his tee time.

maumann likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Anger is a powerful fuel. And it won’t burn out for a lot of them.

But, I hope, there are enough who just want to move on from the negativity and division that comes with trump. His whole message is “America sucks and everything is awful.” And everything about him seems old. Stale. Tired.

I think he lost a lot of his voters with Jan. 6 and Roe. Not to mention the felony convictions and pending cases. How many new ones since then? Enough to replace the voters he lost? In an election he lost by 7 million votes?

A lot can happen. And it’ll be razor close. He can absolutely win by having everything break his way, as it did in 2016.

But hopefully there are enough voters who want to turn the page on a 78-year-old jerk who wins by anger, division and hate.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I hope to vote for the first openly gay man for president in 2032. I hope I’m still alive by then.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

We’re also in this different time. People watch videos that are 31 seconds now.

There is no need for the Clinton/Obama 40-minute speeches anymore.

Just to a sharp 20 minutes and get out.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A night featuring Oprah, Clinton, Stevie Wonder, John Legend, Buttigeig, and Pelosi et. al will be remembered mostly for a 17-year old kid tearfully clapping and yelling "That's My Dad!"

It's really something that as orchestrated and produced as these conventions are, some candid genuine emotion finds its way in. Last night, Obama Night, the woman from Texas announcing she's having a baby, Justin Pearson (speaking Thursday) killing it with the Tennessee roll call,
    I remember back in 2008, Montana Gov. Brian Schweizer was part of the podium parade and did such an amazing job, the cable networks who weren't planning on showing his speech live were so distracted by how people were responding to the speech, they cut into the speech. That's what I look for. It's not the time slot, its the delivery that made it so memorable. You know a speech is working when the murmur in the background dies down to nothing.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
    OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  8. Della9250

COVID is still top 10 in the cause of deaths. Every week it kills a couple more dozen. That's a little over a 1,000 we know of for sure by the election. If they are in the wrong states, it's another factor

9. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Simple. Pointed. And said. Me too, man. Me too.

10. Della9250

Clay Travis checking in: I’m not kidding, that’s one of the worst primetime speeches I have ever seen. They made people wait until 1130 et for that? Yikes. Guy isn’t ready for primetime.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

A great opportunity, of course. But does that assume Harris wins but serves only one term, or that she goes two terms and then Walz gets pushed aside for Buttigieg? Walz would be 68 then, so not totally aged out yet, and now America likes him, too.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

United Center has a seating capacity of 23,000, there are approximately 4,700 delegates (including superdelegates, appointed etc). So who else gets credentialed? The press, "special guests" (celebrites, state candidates, donors or family members of people with clout), A few alternate delegates from each delegation, state and national party functionaries, I would have thought delegates would have made up more than a fifth of the crowd.

Draft saved Draft deleted