1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Coulter did it for clicks only. She's lost a lot of audience since coming out as anti-Trump. I'm guessing Kelly did the same. Common strategy for people who live and die on their Twitter traffic, latch on to whatever is trending with a take designed to get a response.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Coulter has a history. Big brouhaha 12 years ago with her unapologetic use of the r-word.

gingerbread likes this.
  3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I have an amazing, neurodivergent kid who has ADHD (among other things) and I am glad to be raising him at a time where society is a lot more tolerant, but also get infuriated by those persistent old attitudes. My parents had me late and I had him late and so there's a 75 year age gap. Fewer things have made me dislike my own parents more than the shit they say to me along the lines that I'm spoiling him by not disciplining him more. He would be a completely crushed person if I tried to "instill discipline" with him the way they did with me.

Note: He experiences emotional dysregulation with some regularity in the late afternoon. My parents only make themselves available to visit in the late afternoon despite my repeatedly telling them that they would see the amazing kid the rest of the world gets to see if they'd get their a** out of bed for a morning hangout.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of looking at Elmo’s shitty site to check in on this. Washed up hag Coulter is far from the only one. And not anonymous bots and trolls. Real people with their names on it making fun of this kid.

Absolutely disgusting. But don’t forget, they’re the party of religious virtue and patriotism.

I really think (hope) most voters are sick of this abhorrent behavior. It’s sickening.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

It is my Covid induced fever dream that Walz brings forth the wonders of lutefisk to the masses

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I find the use of that word quite acceptable in this context. Carry on.

FileNotFound, MTM and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There's not much to distinguish a Romneyish party from the current Democratic Party. I suppose it's possible the Democrats truly run off the rails, making the GOP the "normal" choice, but Romney was branded as a villain in 2012. So was McCain in 2008.

So long as every GOP candidate is gonna be the devil anyway, conservative voters went out and elected one to run three times in a row.

Now, yes, if the goal of the GOP is to lose every time, by all means, bring the Romney worldview in to lose nobly.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Your son and parents sound a lot like my son and parent.

I can still feel my mom’s eye roll when I told her that her grandson was on the spectrum. This is the same woman who was a special-ed teacher when I was growing up. Now, she thinks any condition that wasn’t prominent in the 1970s is just a figment of bad parents’ rationalizations.

I won’t go into the whole unspeakable ordeal, but my wife and I spent the better part of three years and tens of thousands of dollars trying to pinpoint his issues and treat them accordingly. Little did I know that all I had to do was beat it out of him like our parents did to us.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

John McCain and Mitt Romney were grownups, and got hammered.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

In the diseased Maga mind, the only acceptable 17-year-old who can show emotion is a fucking murderer.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's fake, right?

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Had a friend who wanted to come over and “just pray” with us and our child. We declined.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted