1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

FYI, they just released the minutes from the last Fed meeting (the tea leave readers are busy at the moment), and this line made me laugh: " "However, many participants noted that reported payroll gains might be overstated..."

The other thing that made me laugh this morning. ... They were supposed to release those payrolls revisions at 10 am this morning, but they missed the release and they didn't come across until a half hour, 40 minutes late, which is a complete shit show. They have had weeks to come up with the revision, so you have to wonder why they couldn't meet the schedule. They are truly the gang that can't shoot straight.

FileNotFound and MileHigh like this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If only the uninsured part-time worker needing a lung transplant VALUED the lung more, he would buy it.

Driftwood and maumann like this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You should really read these all the way through.

During a power outage, a working-class cancer patient who desperately needs to buy the last generator in stock to keep his medications refrigerated might not be able to outbid a healthy millionaire who just wants to run their air conditioner.

This is another way of saying that price-gouging bans are a form of moral policy.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Economists are the opposite of weather forecasters. No matter the situation, economists are never wrong. Or apparently unemployed.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Perhaps I didn't state it clearly enough, but that's exactly what I was getting at.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Economists exist to make astrologers look intellectually respectable.

I don't know who I stole the line from.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Shutdown of Canadian rail network by RRs lasted less than 24 hours after Govt ordered sides to binding arbitration as RRs had requested. Trudeau had refused that for year and a half and could face a no-confidence election.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

My high school class took our official senior trip to Disney back in 1989. And back in 1989 at least, nobody there or at Epcot got carded.

I don't know what Silver Dollar City is without Googling it but it was indeed a magical kingdom.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

All you need to know about Silver Dollar City is that the first time you rode Blazing Fury, you were a man, my son.

Inky_Wretch, britwrit and dixiehack like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

(Silver Dollar City is an amusement park in Branson. It also had one in Pigeon Forge that became Dollywood.)

Inky_Wretch and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted