1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Look at the Getty picture of Trump today.

He looks as shitty as I feel.

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

I wasn’t going to vote for Trump a third time, but the Democrats’ failure to provide a surprise guest leaves me no choice.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Can’t wait until my dad shares this in earnest.

https://theonion.com/dnc-attendees-...blaze-to-ensure-4-more-years-of-liberal-rule/

2muchcoffeeman and franticscribe like this.
  4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

People are just happy to listen to people spout some positivity, some joy, some hope, some optimism again. I know that's how I felt when I clutched my heart, took a deep breath, and smiled at the end of Kamala Harris's speech tonight. The differences between the RNC and the DNC have been stark, but really, they were just about the heart.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
  5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That was what I thought. I listened to him and went, "Whoa; wow."

I could actually see some Republican or would-be Republican votes turning on his speech, and was even envisioning him as a possible VP candidate that I never would've considered previously. (Although I like Walz very much).

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The C is not who you think it is

7. Della9250

He's been on a lot of things the last four years and he's always been consistent in his approach, always sounds impressive. I think a lot of it is genuine and there's the contrast between what the GOP sounds like now and makes you double-take and be like, are we sure he's on that side?

8. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Did I miss something about Cheap Trick? I honestly don't know what Starman is on about.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I don't either but I think ultimately he was commenting on Pube tactics. I assumed at first he was making a Chicago reference. (I was going to comment on Styx as well but I got off work late and the river had moved.)

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Jon Cryer posted a picture on his Twitter of the two of them at the convention.

12. Della9250

Draft saved Draft deleted