1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If they get all three there better be a big, fat assed ramming mechanism in place for the first two years. At minimum you have the border, abortion and voting rights. Oh and Merrick should be sent packing on November 6.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I keep thinking about the Anne Coulter thing with Gus Walz as well as a post I read elsewhere with all sorts of disgusting supposition about Ella Emhoff.

There was a time when we treated politicians kids as off-limits until they put themselves in the arena - and by in the arena, I mean more than just showing up at a rally on their parent's behalf. But even then there have always been people on both sides of the aisle willing to say inappropriate things about them. Where my thoughts keep circling back to is that in the last decade or so, Democrats have generally drowned out their own who go down that path. Tiffany and Barron Trump have largely escaped the kind of vile scrutiny that we're seeing today with Harris' and Walz' kids. The rest of the Trump kids put themselves out there. The Bush twins got a little of it when they were in college, but it pales in comparison to what we're seeing today. But it seems like for the better part of the 30 years now - going back to Chelsea Clinton - Republicans have amplified those voices. Obama's kids are an exception and I think that's only because they were so young when he took office.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Well, that's because Republicans have gotten more rotten over that span of time.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
    HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Social media given everyone a chance to have their voice heard and to be cruel, especially anonymously. Also, the primary way to stand out as a GOP media member/politician is to say outrageous or awful things. MTG is a complete imbecile but she is utterly shameless, so she is one of the most known members of Congress. The only way for a Coulter to stand out is to say crazy shit and there is no responsible adult in the GOP or right wing media who will publicly tell her she’s out of line.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

They teed off on the Obama kids when they became teenagers too.

OscarMadison, garrow and wicked like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the dems took rainbow and now they want all the other colors and flags it's never enough

garrow, HanSenSE, TowelWaver and 3 others like this.
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be the campaign's responsibility to tamp down a rumor if it wasn't started by them, continued by them, and as far as can tell, didn't foment any hatred, harm or liability to any person, place or thing. That being said, I'm willing to consider an opposing viewpoint.

garrow and FileNotFound like this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

“Whether it’s the Democrats faking a Beyoncé appearance or Republicans faking an assassination attempt, both parties have struggled with accuracy this year.”

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

"If only they had yielded on abortion..."

-Beyonce

Draft saved Draft deleted