1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Would have fielded interest from the SEC. Both of them.

Liut, Webster, garrow and 3 others like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

RFK Jr. is a deeply unwell person. He and trump are much alike.

I'd imagine more than half of his small group of supporters go to trump. Some percentage will to Harris. Some won't vote. Some were never going to vote.

Overall, it probably helps trump. But I kind doubt it's enough to matter either way. The sooner that nutjob is off the stage the better.

Hopefully Cheryl Hines dumps the dumbass.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

There were reports that she was being very adamant about him not endorsing Trump.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Be nice if Jill Stein and/or Cornell West took the hint. Which they won’t.

5. Della9250

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

9. Della9250

I know the Vance part was posted but I hadn't seen the Walz one

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Agreed. But my guess is most of Kennedy's voters were already in red states to begin with, or a non-factor in most instances. So his effect on swing state numbers may be minimal. My worry is the siphoning off of voters by the third party wankers. Libertarian voters in 2020 could have made significant differences in Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Instead of those races being "too close to call," had the majority of those votes gone to Biden, there wouldn't have even been a shadow of a doubt who won on Election Night.

It's not as bad as 2016, when almost 1 in 20 voters wasted their votes on third-party candidates, which very well could have been the difference between the first woman President and the cratering of the Oval Office. For "her emails", Bengazi, Russian interference and crappy campaigning in the Midwest, the real reason Hillary lost could be Gary Johnson and Jill Stein.

There's always going to be a group of 2 million oddballs who don't like the two-party system but they can have a detrimental effect when the race is down to a decimal point one way or the other.

"My vote doesn't really matter" is OK if you're in a decidedly red or blue state to begin with, but every vote sure as hell will matter in Tempe, Madison, Ann Arbor, State College or Sandy Springs on Election Day.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
    Deskgrunt50, Cosmo and Driftwood like this.
  11. Della9250

Six years ago Beto lost by 215,000 votes. Texas has added at least 2.5 million people since then

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, most people moving to Texas are weirdo Republicans. Last election cycle, Beto won native Texans, and lost transplants 57-42.

Draft saved Draft deleted