1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Curious to know the demographics of the newcomers. Disproportionally Trumpist? During the Trumpandemic, we heard of an exodus of God-fearing, real Amurrikkkan people from libruhl states to places like Texas. I’m pleased that there’s even a single poll that says the Texas Senate race is close.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The number of people who move for political reasons is insignificant. People are moving to Texas for the reasons people have always moved, jobs and more affordable housing.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

No way

matt_garth likes this.
  5. Della9250

There's also the question of deaths since then and are those voters being replaced by like-minded voters. And there were 100,000 deaths total due to COVID, which you would think skew in a GOP direction

6. Della9250

7. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

The “ok, good’’ to every employee after asking them how long they worked there is so strange. Like he’s conceeding that they gave the right answer. Is there nothing else he can say to them? How about a follow up? “What did you do before?’’ Anything?

tea and ease and Dyno like this.
  8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Stein is a Russian asset, so there's that.

matt_garth and wicked like this.
  9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It's a little thing, but how great is it that Walz told Runza employees that their work matters? And it definitely came across as sincere. I think Vance was trying to do this too, maybe because of the Walz interaction here and other places, but he just doesn't have it in him.

Also, Runza is good. I think everyone thinks it is weird on the surface, but then they have it and go, yeah, not bad! That Walz did this is so Nebraskan too. Even if he's from Minnesota now.

UNCGrad, Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty clear Vance has never campaigned outside safely MAGA audiences before. Stopping for food is a super basic campaign tactic, and blowing it is just amazing incompetence, both by the candidate and his staff, if he has one.

TowelWaver, Cosmo, matt_garth and 3 others like this.
  11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

He has a staff and it's pretty clear by now they hate him.

TowelWaver and Dyno like this.
  12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

That he said this with a straight face...

And I feel sorry for that poor woman, who has to share a panel with not just the regular schmucks, but a former pro wrestler once known as the Funkasaurus.

Draft saved Draft deleted