1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I just realized (and I realized a couple days after my birthday in January) that I totally blew an opportunity to deploy

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Several super takes. Respect. And sorry about your friend.

UPChip likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I probably shouldn't worry about RFK's Trump endorsement, but for some reason it's a bit concerning. Can't put my finger on why.

Maybe the weed is just making me paranoid. Who knows.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL. ... You tell 'em, Smacky!

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well under semi-normal circumstances, the Kennedy family collectively and of course RFK Sr. are considered utterly iconic in the Democratic Party, but I think yesterday's joint statement by five of his siblings raking him over the coals give Dems pretty much complete carte blanche to blast Junior. I would guess in fairly short order cousin Caroline will join the chorus.

I expect Fatfuck will dump JV Dunce within a week or so and add Junior for the stupid-publicity-stunt value.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’ve been dropping this in my class regularly this past year especially when kids teased me for something I did because I’m middle aged.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Republicans when a denounced mentally unbalanced Kennedy family member supports Trump: THIS IS HUGE!!! GAME CHANGER!

Republicans when Trump’s family members, former cabinet members, staffers, the only other living former Republican president and scores of long-term Republicans denounce Trump: “never heard of them.”

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I know I've said this before on some post here, but I'll iterate. It pisses me off to no end when I go to hang with people at happy hour and as I try to strike up a conversation, they're on their phones. I dunno what they're doing. Playing games. Buying shit on Amazon. Whatever. The entire point of going out is to actually engage with other human beings, but so many people just sit insulated at the bar on their phones, talking to no one. Why even leave your house?

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Ya ever wonder why so many right-wing politicians have family members who so openly and publicly oppose them? Trump, RFK Jr. Paul Gosar? Now, it may be simply a case of just familiarity breeds contempt. Or it could go deeper than that. Perhaps their policies, as vague or nonexistent they may be, bring up too many old family wounds. Thanksgiving must be a real blast, coming so soon after election day. Well, good night...and pass the potatoes."

OscarMadison and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Maybe they're reading sj.com! :D

Yeah, that bugs me too. My wife and I pretty much have a "no phones" rule when we go out. Sure, we'll look stuff up in a discussion or have to pull up a menu with a QR code. But we want to spend the time engaging with each other and friends. Talking! What a concept!

I get really, really annoyed by people walking slowly on the sidewalk (in front of me) with their faces buried in their phone. And that is constant in NYC.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Yeah, goddammit, don't let up now, SJ!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted