1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

upload_2024-8-24_23-52-35.jpeg

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It goes beyond that. Historically you had to be male, white, Anglo-Saxon and Protestant to ascend to the presidency. There were exceptions made occasionally if you had a non-Anglo surname like Van Buren and Roosevelt.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

For people who call liberals snowflakes and urge them to fuck their feelings, no one is more easily triggered than an Evangelical Maga. Just because part of the Olympics opening ceremony resembled the Last Supper in some way (and who the hell knows what it looked like. They're just going by Da Vinci's painting) they lost their shit, screamed and caterwauled and in the end wouldn't listen to anyone who tried to explain it was based on a French painter's version of the Feast of Dionysus. (When I told a family member this, the reply was, "well, it still looked like the Last Supper and I'm still pissed at it.")

There's absolutely no talking to them. Their minds are made up about every little fucking grievance they can latch their poor, pitiful souls onto and you might as well talk to a brick wall. Fuck 'em all.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Since the DNC, Trump has said:
    Kamala Harris is responsible for the loss/death of 325,000 children.
    More than 60 percent of the nation is under the poverty level.
    Illegals have taken "millions" of jobs.
    He's better-looking than she is.
    He will throw every conceivable and even inconceivable piece of shit against the walls right along with the ketchup from now until Nov. 5. He's a cornered animal and it might get ugly. The good news is that the only people who believe him are already voting for him anyway. He's not convincing anyone on the other side or on the fence.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Fuck this shit you lazy fuckers. Fill it in for me and I will decide from there how the map will look.

Lazy fuckers.

2024 Electoral Interactive Map

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Another great Nick Lowe
    And, another great one from Rockpile

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Since we are doing Rockpile/Dave Edmunds…two years before the Juice Newton version.

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Covering Elvis Costello here

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

IMG_5941.jpeg

This actually represents my pessimistic scenario right now, with Georgia and Nevada flipping red from 2020. If Harris maxes out she could recapture both and add North Carolina.

At the risk of traumatizing 2016 survivors (and because my armchair speculation does not affect Democrats’ strategy) I think it might be down to a three state race. Trump has to sweep Ga., N.C. and Pa. to win. If Harris takes any of those three she wins.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Repeat When Necessary" is a gem of an album. While I'm likely preaching to a knowledgeable choir here, on the Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe, and to a lesser degree Billy Bremner solo albums of that era the backing band was generally Rockpile as well. Such a great band. I need to find and buy more of their stuff.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/313261-Rockpile

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted