1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

For all the talk of momentum, it’s still too damned close for my comfort level.
    MI +1 (15 EV)
    NC -1 (16)
    AZ +1 (11)
    GA -1 (16)
    PA +1 (19)
    NV -0.4 (6)
    In other states by my count, it’s 227 for Harris and 228 for Satan.

2. tapintoamerica

But I’m sure he was fine today.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Cult level stuff. Market goes down it’s because Harris is a disaster. Market goes up because they know that Trump is going to be President. Must be exhausting humiliating yourself on a daily basis like this.

matt_garth, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Nope. I do nothing on paper. At this point, it's about what makes my life easier. Our entire school gets issued computers. Everything is on Canvas and autogrades: assignments, textbook, recorded lectures for every chapter and section of the book, reviews, etc. You forgot your computer or it's not charged, not my problem.
    A year or so ago, I had a kid failing miserably. His mom wanted a conference. I walked in with about a three-inch stack of time-stamped screen shots of him watching monster truck videos during class time. I dropped them on the table and walked out without a saying a word.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Assuming since WI isn't listed: it would be 236-219 for Harris it is blue and 229-226 Trump if red

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’ve fought that fight and have had mixed outcomes. Kid put swastikas on whole class collaboration. He did it anonymously but I nailed him with the screenshots. And they lose paper. The paper stacks up. Their handwriting is bad.

I wish I had a silver bullet. They seem more engaged when they get off the screen. But there’s more organization with things like Canva and Google Classroom. And parents see it.

My point was more there is legitimate reasons to not love the computers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

Thanks for pointing that out. I may have to recalculate.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

You are correct. There is no silver bullet. There are always going to be the dos and do nots. I just refuse to hold everyone else back for the least common denominator. I don't cater to laziness. Not everyone is academically gifted. That I get and work with. Everyone can put forth effort. If you don't, good luck.

10. tapintoamerica

Assuming Wisconsin is in the righteous camp, it’s 229-226 for Harris pending the six.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

While he's deceiving me
    Wants cuts to social security
    Has he got control of me?
    I turn to him and say
    They stuck the blade in the guy in shades, oh no
    Won't get paid with the guy in shades, oh no
    I can't believe it
    'Cause high prices weren't made by the guy in shades, oh no

[​IMG]

12. HanSenSE