1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

St. Louis has a history of paying players past their prime. Matt Carpenter is the most recent example,not this year but that stupid extension he got a few years ago. I suspect they’ll run it back with Goldy.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Liut-
    I think the Royals are very good. They are also fun to watch.

Liut likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am starting to see why there have been complaints about the Royals on here.

Liut likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Guardians will finish them off this week.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At best, Lugo is going to be erratic the rest of the way. At worst, he will run out of gas entirely.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

That's pretty much a one-person complaint dept.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Uh ... Trevor Rogers' start today in Norfolk. Buck Britton left him in a little longer than Brandon Hyde.

upload_2024-8-25_17-43-30.png

Last edited: Aug 25, 2024
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They are a real good team to watch, and Witt is fantastic, but oh, that bullpen. The Phillies' lineup, which has been in a collective slump since I saw them in person one month ago, got fat the last two days. Hopefully (Phillies fans are never REALLY hopeful), they can use that as a springboard.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think he's borderline right now. The dropoff the cliff this year really hurts unless he can hook on somewhere for a year or two with at least a couple above average seasons.

Liut likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oof.
    Some crazy professionalism, though, by the catcher and umpire to quickly follow the play.

Liut likes this.
  11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Today, they weren't but the fun part reminds me of all the young guys' enthusiasm in 2012 and 2013 when, as it turned out, they were on the cusp of being very good.
    The current San Diego team reminds me of those KC clubs. Maybe the Padres can make hay against the vaunted "Cardinals Nation" coming up. IIRC, it's a four-game series.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted