1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week Zero Thread: Give Ireland Back to the Irish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Aug 19, 2024.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Knee down in bounds.

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

And he dropped a reference to The Times’ David Brooks.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Throw in some good green chile.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Hawaii 35, Delaware St. 14, in case anybody was wondering. No word on whether Delaware made its flight home.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

At Wyoming "In Heaven there is no beer" is a big song, the band won't play it until the students start chanting for it. Wyoming's Western Thunder Marching Band, of which my wife is an alum, is tremendous. We heard them practicing the other day when we visited campus.

Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA" is hugely popular at Oregon State, they sing it in the fourth quarter. This started about 3-4 years ago and OSU has an incredible home record when they play it as the singalong song. It's cheesy as hell but the students love it.

Oregon does some country song by some B-list country start from Oregon, and also "Shout!" by Otis Day and the Knights, I think but I haven't been to a game at Autzen in about 6-7 years.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

Chad Johnson: "Hold my beer."

Been off the grid for two weeks in Wyoming. Making up for lost time, I missed sj.com!

9. micropolitan guy

Skyler Jackson just committed to Oregon State. His dad Steven played some ball for the Beavers.

Batman likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I wonder how long he can go without whining about something political on the air. He is truly despicable.

Draft saved Draft deleted