1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Every single time I want to believe in the Padres, they go and do some impossibly stupid shit like that.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The Twins absolutely fucking gave one away today. Botch a double play grounder in the 9th inning. Now 3 back of a Cleveland and the Braves coming to town.

Royals-Guardians is a big series for all involved.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Well, the rookie Jackson Merrill rectified proceedings.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He keeps this up, he's gonna be a nice ballplayer.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

He certainly did. The Mets will always Mets!

6. jr/shotglass

A touch off the MLB path ...

Remember when a victory by the international champ was a foregone conclusion at the Little League World Series?

Games weren't anything like this. This was a doozy. The Florida kids were nails. This is the 12th kid in a 12-man lineup who laid down the bunt.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don’t think they’re winning the division. MLB’s favorite team has better pitching and one of the best one-two combos ever. But I’d be happy with any playoff spot. Birdland has to embrace it because 2025 will not be as fun as 2024.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Gotta feel for the pitcher and first baseman.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

the Yankees have enough holes that if judge and Soto are just average, they’ll get caught

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Somebody has to be good enough to be slightly above average in that event. And I don’t see who can do it.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yup, they're even more vulnerable than most to the vagaries of a short series. No ace-caliber starting pitching behind Cole, who may not be himself. Holmes is an arsonist. They're in deep trouble if Judge & Soto have a bad week.

12. jr/shotglass

That is so cool that Cionel Perez was interviewed pregame about catching homers in his hat in the bullpen ... and then caught his 7th of the season just now on a Ramon Urias HR.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted