1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2024
    OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I know I say it jokingly that outrage is all the GQP has in this race with the constant attacks on Harris and Walz, but as the campaign grinds on, that is proving not to be a joke, since they don't seem to have a platform beyond whatever CFTFG says.

And can someone tell me what the hell he was doing laying a wreath at Arlington today for the soldiers killed in Afghanistan, than turning it into a social media rant? Suddenly he likes "suckers and losers?" Was no one from the current administration available?

matt_garth likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It's shocking how much Fat Orange has aged since the bungled assassination attempt.

Looks like his brain is leaking out through his face.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

This Sainted Kennedy bs should have been exposed 50 years ago. The bootlegger bought his kids political careers.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I figure you fellow journalists know why VP Harris (and lawyers in general) don't like interviews, because we the lawyers cannot control the content. When we control the content, we can control the message. Without control of content, we risk "out of context", "unintentional", and/or "misremembered (Clemens version, not mine)" quotes. For over 35 years, I've told each and every client, "do not give an interview, it's no comment". A client ignored me about 20 years ago and let the paper come into the factory (without me) and I saw the aftermath on the front page. (I immediately resigned).

Of course, VP Harris does have some obligation as a candidate to do some interview. I'm sure it just because the team doesn't want to do some knee jerk response but to make sure it's under terms they can control.

2muchcoffeeman and gingerbread like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You could do a whole end scene from It's a Wonderful Life, with Biden saying, "and a Happy New Year to you, in jail!"

Then Trump comes home, scared and angry. Melania says, "It's a miracle, Don!" with the Supreme Court justices surrounding the Christmas Tree. They start to sing, and Thomas and Alito tear up the indictments.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

IMG_3872.jpeg I only regret that I have but one mailer to send back for my country.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They'll wait until Fatfuck commits some near-catastrophic gaffe in some interview situation, then they'll roll out Kamala to handle one routinely.

qtlaw likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted