1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Daily Larry King thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 17, 2023.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Got to be a tough week for those NFL pleyers hoping to grab one of the last roster cuts. You get cut, or you make the team and get cut a day or two later when the team signs a guy off the waiver wire, you spend all off-season with one team and then with just a week before the season starts, you land with a team playing across the country and they need you there no later than tomorrow.

2. DanOregon

I hear a lot of talk about "alphas" - that Trump is an "alpha." Is that just a shortened way to say asshole?

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, I watched the episode of 30 Rock last night where Tracy goes on Larry King when the Asian markets are crashing, and it's just so goddamn funny. Larry himself had a lot to do with that.

Jack: "If there were anything to worry about, I would be at my office, instead of at home right now with my beautiful girlfriend. She's Latin."
    Larry: "Expand on that."

Tracy: "Hang on. I know Jack Donaghy, and that is an impostor. Hang up. Hang up on him, Larry!"
    Larry: "I'm going to, but not because you told me."

poindexter and garrow like this.
  4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Samsung TV has a bunch of channels and one is Conan O'Brien clips. One of the shows is just Larry King appearing on all his different shows. Larry King was a very funny guy.

5. DanOregon

Labor Day is missing something without Jerry Lewis.

maumann likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Is the Supreme Court too corrupt? John Larroquette stops by to answer that question and take your phone calls.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One of our local guys is living that life on the roster bubble. Between August and early January he had some sort of contract with four different teams, was cut by three of them, and lived in three cities. He said his routine was basically to be on go with a bag packed on Monday and Tuesday for when his agent called. The guy would tell him he had a tryout tomorrow morning and a flight in two hours.
    On the bright side, he got to make his regular-season NFL debut last year — he played two series when a starter got hurt — and knows where he stands in the grand scheme of things. He said his goal now is to get on a 53-man roster this year, partially because that is the ultimate goal but mostly because if he does he'll have enough service time to be vested with the NFL's pension plan.

9. DanOregon

"Haven't heard this much controversy about cats, since that movie came out....Tua shoulda slud...Anyone else miss the TV GUIDE Fall Preview issue?...Isn't it about time we had a President with moxie!!.."

maumann likes this.
  10. DanOregon

Happy 90th Birthday to Sophia Loren! They don't make'em like that anymore folks.

garrow likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wonder who owns the audio archives of the old Larry King radio show. If we can have Casey Kasam on a 24 hour loop, I damn sure can have Charles Schultz in hour one, Frank Sinatra in the second hour and open phones America before we head to Duke Zieberts for crab cake.

garrow, HanSenSE and justgladtobehere like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted