1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And water’s wet. Next.

Dog8Cats likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve seen stories about Kamala and Tim’s Excellent Adventure across South Georgia. What I haven’t seen is a list of towns they are actually visiting. Anybody got details?

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud here, and you're probably right. I'm surprised the Tavern League hasn't worked that into a talking point yet.

Wisconsin is now mostly just the state I transit when going from current home (MN) to ancestral home (MI). Madison is an absolute gem for a fun weekend, though it's not that well-kept of a secret anymore, and my friend who is a local says the traffic can be horrendous. Only time I've been in the Milwaukee area since I was kid was either for a Brewers game or a funeral, but there's a lot going for it.

The rural areas? A lot less so, and there can be some real mean-spiritedness there, and I'm not talking about cops that'll hit you for 37 in a 35 every time (looking at you, Rosendale). But even those places have Spotted Cow, so it can't be that bad all the time. Undoing the ratfucking of the state's politics done by Walker, Vos et al helps.

garrow, I Should Coco and gingerbread like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Should I be scared so many members know as much as they do about the gun the alleged assassin used?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know as much as some, but I know a lot considering I've never seen, let alone fired one. I acquired my knowledge from reading all the stories about all the mass shootings where this firearm was the weapon used.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

This is fascinating. I am NOT taking any position about the veracity of the assassination attempt, but the conflict between veterans who know their firearms and a certain subset of the medical community is very real.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seems like Arlingtongate might become a thing for a day or two or three …

Webster and garrow like this.
  9. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Not really. Given that the M-16/AR-15 and modifications thereof has been the primary service weapon of the US Military since the Johnson administration, there are PLENTY of people walking around with the same knowledge - especially now that the AR-15 is so widely available on the civilian market. I don't think that's a good thing, but here we are. It's a rifle that's designed for a combination of ease of use and accuracy. In that respect, it's an engineering success. It's also a rifle designed for one purpose only - killing as many human beings as possible with the ammo you have, and rapidly.

It's been 24 years since I last fired an M-16, and I'm pretty confident that I could hit a silhouette target at 300 yards with one of my first two shots. I qualified with the weapon four times. Each qualification range session was 40 shots. I hit 158-of-160.

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

At least one stop at Liberty County High School in Hinesville -- a big military town as home of Fort Stewart and about an hour west of Savannah.

garrow and dixiehack like this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Same difference

matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted