1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

On the scale, donuts went worse than root beer floats, but not by much

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But The Media are all leftist coastal elites.

garrow likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

No, because I haven't chimed in yet ... mainly because I've actually been out fishing to catch a bunch of bluegill out of a farm pond to put in a pond that has been created by beavers damning up a creek on my cousin's property.
    Anyway, the fact that limp dick chose that weapon for that shot and missed something the size of Trump shows why it is the weapon of choice for mass shooters and not marksmen.
    I'm like Matthew Quigley and the Colt revolver. I've never had much use for an assault rifle, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to use one.
    If that shot was taken by a skilled person who knows anything about rifles, Trump would be where he belongs.
    One shot, one kill. You don't spray into a herd/flock/covey, you pick out one target, forsaking all others.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Catching this shark Mr. Drift is not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis.

6. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Hey Page 8000! We're well off the pace of the last Presidential term...

7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I keep hoping that there's a long line of catastrophic Trump shit lined up. I know it's not, but then again, he might live up to it.

It would be great for a line of things, such as this Arlington thing taking off, with video, then word that he didn't suffer any injury from the shot and that he made up the severity, him on video saying the N word. You know, normal stuff.

I just want him gone.

OscarMadison and Octave like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The reason I asked is because I was curious which way they were going to use this trip. Campaigning in places like Albany, Americus and Cuthbert is a very different thing than a tour of say Darien, Nahunta and Tifton. Hinesville falls in the former category, which is to say they’re trying to drive up black turnout outside of Atlanta. Raphael Warnock got himself elected that way by squeezing out the extra votes from the Other Georgia.

Long term, Democrats need to find a way to stop the bleeding in whiter communities like the second set of towns I named. But her campaign had to start in the lightning round so I kind of get it.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As I threw out there a couple (or a few) pages ago, what if the whole "assassination attempt" was cooked up by Fatfuck's Ratfuck Crew, in order to generate a wave of sympathy/support similar to the one that boosted Reagan from a moderately wacky fringe character into a nearly immortal demigod when he came out of the 1981 attempt spewing Clint Eastwood one-liners on his way to the emergency room?

Certainly Uncle Vlad would know some people who could pull such a plan off. Just fire some bullets near Fatfuck, making certain not to hit him, but create a chaotic shooting scene, and then he can rise from the confusion with his fists pumping and the flag flying in the background.

But whoever planned it and however they did it whether Crooks was a knowing participant or only a convenient dupe and diversion, an innocent spectator is dead. That's some legal variation of homicide. If Fatfuck gave the word that set that process in motion, he owns a piece of it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2024
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Well, I did go to sea onboard USS South Carolina and USS Mississippi. No USS Indianapolis, though.
    Oh, and I have caught sharks.

garrow likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Or even longer.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted