1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 College Football Thread: Seven Years of College Station Down the Drain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 26, 2024.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it’s going to be a looooooong year in Lubbock.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So Kentucky and USM basically only played a half and peaced out?

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The kind of pinpoint prognosticating that makes this board great.

upload_2024-9-1_9-41-56.png

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know which fans are having a cruddier Sunday, the fans of teams that had high hopes and lost, or the fans of teams with high hopes who didn't steamroll as expected. Yes, I'm talking about the Oregon Ducks. :)
    There is a reason why they wait until all of the games are played before awarding the national championship trophy. I don't even know if the Ducks will still be undefeated when Ohio State comes to Eugene. Don't know if Buckeyes will be either.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Florida is also not good.

Matt1735 and maumann like this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Oh, they're less than not good. That was after eight months of preparation for playing Miami let's lay a giant turd in front of 90,000 people not good.

With the schedule remaining, like 2-10 getting Billy Napier fired not good. Samford in two weeks and South Florida are probably the only games where Florida will be favored.

And hopefully Napier takes down Scott Stricklin as well. Dude cannot hire a football coach to save his job.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

As Mac Davis so wisely noted, happiness is Lubbock, Texas, in your rear-view mirror.

da man and maumann like this.
  8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I give 'em 4-8, at best with toss ups at home against Kentucky and at Mississippi State.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Have you been to Lubbock? It’s ALWAYS a looooooong year there.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Listened to that on the drive home. They had already had one weather delay of two hours or so. When the second one came about five minutes into the third quarter it was after midnight local time. They hadn’t officially called it by the time I switched stations, but you could tell it was trending that way.

Liut likes this.
  11. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

I watched about a quarter of Idaho State - Oregon State (when it was still close), and was pleasantly surprised by the CW's production values (although I think whoever is still under contract from the old Pac-12 network is doing the broadcasts).

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted