1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hit a three-teamer with Georgia, Tennessee and Penn State all covering to win my first bet of the season. Covered my small nut for the weekend already, which is nice.

Bet No. 2 is a rover and over parlay with Akron +48.5/O58 at Ohio State. Akron is hanging tough, but they're going to need to score at least one touchdown for me to win this thing and it doesn't look like there is a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Late pick-six by Ohio State gets us to the push on the total and Akron covers the huge number without scoring a touchdown.
    Giddy up!

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I’ve been terrible today on my picks. Thankful I am at minimal involvement. Maybe lost $50.

With NIL and the portal, I feel the sport is harder to get a handle on for handicapping.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hit a three-leg UGA, FSU, Bama parlay, but lost a FSU/over. Up about 25 today (I bet peanuts).

Batman likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's about where I am, betting between $5 and $20 per bet. I was invested for $40 spread across five bets this weekend and covered that with the early-window parlay hitting. I normally try to top out at $50 or $60 a weekend.

Weird stuff this week, though. The touch screen on the kiosk I was using at the sports book was a little twitchy. I meant to put $5 on that three-teamer and somehow bet $8. Not a huge difference, but it was about an extra $20 on the payout.
    Then I thought I'd bet on Ole Miss tonight and was flummoxed when I couldn't find the ticket. Realized that, no, the -44.5 was a little too much to lay and backed off. Ole Miss won 76-0. D'oh!
    This morning, I was excited in the first half of Georgia-Clemson because I thought I'd taken Clemson +11. Checked the ticket and realized I'd taken Georgia. My allegiances did a quick 180.
    Opening game jitters, I suppose.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Won a three-leg on Friday: Army to cover 27.5, Temple team total U7.5, Western Michigan to cover 24.5.

Not such great luck on Saturday: Took Clemson-Georgia over, which was pretty much dead by halftime. Had WVU covering against Pitt, nope. Had Maryland covering against UConn, yep. Sprinkled Iowa-Illinois State U50.5 just to add a fourth leg and get a profit boost, yep.

exmediahack likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

West Virginia played Penn State. No wonder you lost. Those bums couldn't score a single point against Pitt! :)

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Unless you're Clemson and decided to not use the portal. o_O

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Argh. I'm an idiot.

Batman likes this.
  10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I wom a four match us open parlay yesterday with Medvedev clinching it. He had to win by 7 or more games, so it was tight.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Survivor:
    Week 1. Seattle

Super Contest:
    Ravens +3. Lamar 12-1 ATS as a dog.
    Colts +2.5. Home divisional dog in Week 1 always.
    Cowboys +2.5.
    Lions -3.5. Goff 7-0 ATS in openers.
    Jets +4.5. A lot of points.

LFG.

Batman likes this.
  12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

But they're the Jets.

exmediahack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted