1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It's all possible, but if they have to relearn the crouch, they will. This is similar to football, where no quarterback gets under center until at least college. They are doing things different at the youth level, though, and that stuff does tend to trickle up from time to time. Not sure why robo umps would change much; don't they call balls and strikes from the outfield view in those cases?

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Pale Hose are beyond awful. My first time seeing them for an extended stretch this season. And none of the games were a gimme.

Still, a 7-3 road trip. Mets are setting it up perfectly for September disappointment.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I just mean if framing is no longer a skill because the automated strike zone.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There’s no need to frame.

5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Right, so why would their stance make a difference?

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Because if you get into one for framing and one to field the position, the one for framing is antiquated if an automated strike zone is implemented.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Corbin Burnes becoming a below-average starter for a stretch was something I did not see coming in this second half.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He managed to scrap his way to five innings. I’ve been a little worried about this series because the O’s would do something stupid and lose two of three to the Sox but order seems to have restored itself.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The stats keep getting more ridiculous for the South Siders.

Besides being on pace to lose more games than the 1962 Mets, today’s loss to the Orioles was the 20th straight loss when Chris Flexen started for them. That’s a record for consecutive losses in games by a starter in baseball’s modern era (since 1900).

Liut likes this.
  10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Tigers get to enjoy an off-day Tuesday in San Diego.
    Enjoy your day, Tigers.

maumann likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm surprised FanDuel hasn't put out a hit on Flexen given that stat.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted