1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 College Football Thread: Seven Years of College Station Down the Drain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 26, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is it me or did Herbstreit only get a dog after he got to hold Bully in the booth during a Mississippi State game?

Batman and Hermes like this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I have no idea if LSU is any good or not. But I am growing more confident that USC is made of particle board.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Weird play on that fourth down play for LSU. Looked like it'd be an interception that would net them +20 yards of field position; but they fumble and USC recovers; then it's ruled an incompletion; so LSU keeps the ball; but LSU gets called for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that pushes them back 15 yards.
    That was a lot to digest.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2024
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Never possessed. Incomplete pass. Then the 15 UNS penalty. Correct call and enforcement.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I want a dermatologist named Major Burns.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh, they definitely got it right. Just saying it was a strange and complex sequence of events, with some emotional swings for both sides.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Were his parents big M*A*S*H fans?

Liut, dixiehack, Batman and 1 other person like this.
  8. MileHigh

Which is why I try as I might to not bring the emotional swings into things here when it comes to things like that.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm an LSU fan, so I was processing the emotional swings -- happy for the interception; OK with the fumble because it was fourth down anyway; bummed by the incompletion and loss of field position; then relieved when I realized USC would have gotten the ball back if it had been an interception.
    It was like the full DABDA process in a span of 30 seconds.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Frank Burns Eats Worms.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. MileHigh

No worries. I get it. Not everything is a conspiracy or the officials are out to get you.

Draft saved Draft deleted