1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Early in my journalism career I covered a violent turf war between the Hells Angels and Pagans in Maryland. The Pagans were founded in Maryland and its long been their territory, but some local bikers who didn't get along with them decided to plant an HAMC flag and it got ugly.

There was even a crazy standoff at the Blessing of the Bikes on the boardwalk of North Beach, Md. with SWAT snipers monitoring from the IGA rooftop, while Pagans and Hells Angels from up and down the East Coast stood on each side and the two leaders went toe-to-toe.

The whole thing lasted about 18 months. There were multiple murders on both sides and several near misses, including one spectacular firebombing.

Anyway, the whole time the upstart Hells Angels were all "Aww Shucks, we're just a regular motorcycle club" and invited me to tag along to see how normal and nonviolent they were. I went to a few of their parties, which were wild, but also it was obvious everyone was on their best behavior with me around.

I have no doubt every single one of them would be MAGA today, to the extent they gave two shits about politics and still have voting rights.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Fake news, baby!

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Hunter S. Thompson is alive!

The Pagans seemed to be overlooked by most folks on the outside of that world, but they are one of the Big Five OMCs.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pagans don’t have the marketing arm that the Hells Angels did.

franticscribe and Driftwood like this.
  5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Have you written a book about this?

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Felt like it had already been done.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I bought this book a few months ago and haven’t had the chance to get into it yet. Fun fact: my father (or fawwwtha if you’re Jackie Aprile Jr.) opened a bar in New Stanton, Pa in the early 1980s that the Pagans were trying to make their hangout. He resisted and got the bar and his truck shot at in response. He died of a heart attack in 1982 (probably partially caused by stress from this) and many of the gang were sent to jail a couple of years later for drug trafficking.

‘They put two contracts out on me’: going undercover with the Pagan Motorcycle Club

maumann likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The contrast is just so striking.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Um, the music program at her alma mater is better than that ... and it doesn't even have a music school.

This is ... too funny. Harris and Walz are on the campaign trail. you-know-who is on the golf course when he's not sh_tposting and complaining and she's doing ... this?

garrow likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd rather she be doing this than anything which was actually effective toward getting lardass elected. I can listen to five seconds of that mess and close the link, you know?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Lara Trump is there to supervise the skim from the RNC counting room for the family. Other than that, she's free to improvise. Her interviews have been disasters, so why not a music video?

Draft saved Draft deleted