1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I was today years old when finding out George Wendt (NORM!) is Jason Sudeikis's uncle.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If Sudekis' character is back, I'll give it every chance.

If it's everyone except Sudekis, it had better be very good.

It's called "Ted Lasso" for a reason.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Ted Lasso character ran its course over the 3 seasons. Sudekis did a good job serving as the Sam Malone center of the show and developing his own story but he has nothing left to say. Candidly, I didn’t like the fact that they wrote his ex’s new guy to be an ass and I don’t need to see him get back together with her (which would be part of a season 4).

OscarMadison and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Atlanta episode they have number 10 was weird and memorable...but not top ten of all shows of all time....they got my favorite Twilight Zone episode at 11 which is great.

Community is horribly overrated...and Parks and Rec's Flu Season episode is not even close to their best etc.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That Rishi episode of Industry ... sheesh.

Also, my female cat's name is Rajah, so I can dig Rishi's choice in pet names.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Rogers Hornsby?

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah. Yes, it is. It's become something of a victim of it's own success in that the fifth season came apart under the weight of Hollywood egos and money, but overall it's a good show. There's more soap opera then you might expect, but the scripts and characters are pretty good. It became extremely popular. There is some very sharp writing.

It was also very popular with the MAGA trending crowd, who seemed blind and deaf to the many callbacks to real world incidents in the news. Here's a really good take on that, much of which won't make sense to someone who has not seen the series but will as you watch it. It's Beau again, so there's that, but it's a very well observed call out to that show. All that stuff he lists off is covered in the plotlines of Yellowstone, but much it went right past the part of the audience who was only looking at the surface plot.

This clip is also a classic example of Beau talking tongue in cheek. Those were easily spotted by insiders who knew what it meant when he turned the Curious George patch on his ball cap upside down.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2024
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

For all those clowns who decry "Wokeism" and BLM, we need to re-air Roots and show them what Kunta Kinte went through. Yeah, that's how to start your American journey....it happened, deal with it and stop pretending everything's ok now.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

About Wokeism: It's over-used as an excuse by wannabe progressives to not listen to the people it's supposed to protect. We should be amplifying BIPOC voices, not drowning them out with our own noise about how we do the White Saviour Thing better than anyone else or worse, telling BIPOC folks what they are supposed to think and feel.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2024
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I just finished the latest episode of Only Murders in the Building. Everybody was great. Jane Lynch, Steve Martin, and the writers owned this.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I just worry that it is going to be too many guest actors between the Hollywood and Westies crowd.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted