1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 College Football Thread: Seven Years of College Station Down the Drain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 26, 2024.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I think my bike (a gift from my grandmother) was probably close to $100 in 1966 dollars as well. Don't know if she paid for the whole thing or just donated and Dad came up with the rest. It was still in our garage when I was in college.

My younger brother lost his adult front teeth riding a friend's Orange Krate in Boca. With that small wheel, he hit something in the road and went right over the handbars. He had lost his baby teeth when he landed face-first on the fireplace in Houston while being stupid in a rocking chair.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What kind of late-stage capitalism hellscape do we live in where a kid having to bogart wi-fi from the parking lot for schoolwork is presented as an act of corporate benevolence?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

After LSU fired Ed Orgeron, Billy Napier was a popular option among the fan base who saw him as an up-and-comer from right down the road in Lafayette.
    Brian Kelly hasn't taken them to the highest of highs yet, but I've gotta say that was a dodged bullet. Napier might as well start wearing a red Star Trek shirt to every press conference and game.

Liut, tapintoamerica and maumann like this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

UF's schedule would kick the ass of a really good Gators team, let alone one that looked like ass against Miami. Samford is a breather but nobody else on there is ranked lower than 72 in Sagarin's ratings right now. Emmitt Smith and Wilber Marshall ain't coming through that locker room.

I graduated the year of the infamous 0-10-1. And this team doesn't have the luxury of a tie. Unless Napier fixes something real quick, 1-11 is a very real possibility.

I believe I've seen $23M as the buyout number. But that puts UF that much farther behind Georgia, Tennessee, FSU and Miami on and off the field.

One of the things in Napier's favor right now is having Sasse step down and an interim President in Kent Fuchs, who just happens to be the guy who green-lighted his contract in the first place. But AD Scott Strickin's seat is getting just as hot. He's o-for-3 in football coaching hires.

5. dixiehack

Noles not exactly running the Seven Blocks of Granite out there on defense.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

BC plays 21-3.

BC top 14:09 to 0:51.

7. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

SeminoLOLes

garrow and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Since Sagarin no longer posts power ratings, this will do nicely.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It’s okay. DJ is gonna figure it out soon

11. dixiehack

Usual caveats apply, but …

IMG_5965.jpeg

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They list 72 teams. None of them named Tennessee. Hard pass.

Draft saved Draft deleted