1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NHL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Liut, Jun 25, 2024.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

After the mess in Atlanta, I might have agreed with you on Waddell.

Given years of hindsight and stories clarifying how horrible the Thrashers' ownership group really was – plus his time in Raleigh – I would now give him benefit of the doubt.

Liut likes this.
  2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Edmonton doesn't match, so both Broberg and Holloway go to the Blues.

Feels like they *may* have overpaid a little bit, but getting two potential studs, very early in their career, and giving up only a second and a third, feels like a pretty low-risk investment.

The Oilers, meanwhile, just got a lot older and still aren't in great Cap shape.

misterbc and Liut like this.
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

All points taken.
    And bonus points for him dealing for, what, six years with the Hurricanes' clown owner?
    My history with Jackets dates all the way back to before they hit the ice and the John H. McConnell-Lamar Hunt court proceedings.
    Doug MacLean was good to me ... and Bill Davidge and I go way back to Miami University hockey.
    Got a soft spot for that franchise.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

St. Louis defenseman Torey Krug is set to have ankle surgery and is expected to miss the entire upcoming season.
    Doug Armstrong announced the prognosis Tuesday. Krug was diagnosed earlier this summer with pre-arthritic changes in his left ankle, in what the team called a cumulative result of a bone fracture earlier in his career.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... which means Connor McDavid's new upcoming contract will be ... ?

Draft saved Draft deleted