1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I will never in my life understand how that was a No. 1 song. There is nothing redeeming about it, nothing. It sounds like a song recorded in a (Burger King) bathroom and sung by Buddy Hackett.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That song was, without a doubt, the creepiest song of my young years. It made my skin crawl.

FileNotFound, HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I mean, I guess those signs are really for the people they want to keep out and not, ahem, deal with.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It knocked the Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet from the top spot.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It was 1969. It was a vaguely science-fictiony, vaguely spiritual, vaguely ecological-type song. It said nothing, but said it very seriously.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I generally agree. My best guess, and it's just a guess, is the trumplicans go SO pissed off about political sports protests (Kaepernick, stick to sports, etc.) that the retaliation was to make EVERYTHING in every walk of life about politics. To own the libs, of course.

I'm not equating political protest with the nonsense that's gone on.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with someone who puts up a Trump sign. Not my guy, but that's just democracy. The trucks with four giant flags, the "Fuck your feelings", "Let's go Brandon", that shit does annoy me. I'm still not likely to have anything to say about it, it just gives me a bad impression of that person.

Driftwood, Gutter and franticscribe like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I love watching old Carson episodes with comedy greats like Dangerfield, Newhart etc. and EVERY youtube clip has a comment like "great to see, no politics." Yeah, you hate politics in standup so much pal, you travel the country watching a psycho who sounds like a drunken Don Rickles .

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Zager and Evans say hold their beer.

This is why Zager and Evans never became a two-hit wonder: it makes "2525" sound like "Playground In My Mind."

Last edited: Sep 3, 2024
    jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gosh, Carson himself started ripping Nixon in his monologues in 1973 and didn't stop until Nixon resigned. It was one of the tells that Nixon was in major trouble.

garrow likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

"If you've lost Carson..."

TowelWaver and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted