1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LOL! Thanks for sharing.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This White Sox starter, Nastrini, has a rich career ahead in the Atlantic League.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I was in Chicago and put two White Sox tickets on the windshield since I couldn't go to the game. When I got back, the tickets were there, but someone stole the car.

I'll be here all week.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The White Sox have gone full White Sox. Dropped a pop up when 3 defenders collided. Three runs scored.

5. jr/shotglass

There's your damn like. ;)

There was a three-minute stretch in there that added to the "legend." First, Nastrini issues his fourth of five walks, a bases-loaded pass to Colton Cowser that wasn't particularly close. Then, the infielders don't listen to Benintendi calling them off. And finally, Nastrini walks Ced Mullins to end his night with 72 pitches in 1 2/3 innings -- 30 for strikes.

Oh, and after Eloy Jimenez's pop-up leads to the collision, you can see him talking to his old teammate, SS Jacob Amaya, with both laughing. Would have loved to have heard that convo.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2024
    Liut likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Now you realize why Chris “My Team Has Lost 20 Straight When I Start” Flexen still has a job with the White Sox.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Like, if you were a rando who was like ‘how has this team lost 108 games by Labor Day?’, this game is it. Holy shit.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

I've always liked Benintendi. His talents are being absolutely wasted here.

(Of course, I say that and then see he's hitting .218.)

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Try the veal!

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Sox have snapped. The umpiring has been egregious in this game, but bro, you can’t make “I just want a fucking beer” strike call in the sixth inning. This game is actually an embarrassment to the sport.

11. jr/shotglass

That was pretty horrendous. Sizemore and Benintendi had had it.

Cosmo likes this.
  12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Dude he's already there.

Draft saved Draft deleted